Staff and Advisory Board
Charles Lewis, a national investigative journalist for more than 30 years, and Wendell Cochran, a longtime business reporter, editor and faculty member, joined forces to create the Investigative Reporting Workshop in 2009.
- Charles Lewis, Executive Editor
- Lynne Perri, Managing Editor
- Larry Kirkman, Executive Producer
- Wendell Cochran, Senior Editor
- John Sullivan, Senior Editor
- David Donald, Data Editor
The Workshop employs a core group of journalists to produce its investigations, related stories and blog. A development director and administrative coordinator keep operations running smoothly.
Award-winning reporters, former American University graduate students, and web and design specialists all contribute to the site.
- Chris Amico, Web and interactive developer
- Donald Barlett, Contributor
- Scott Higham, Washington Post reporter
- Lisa Hill, Designer
- David E. Hoffman, Contributor
- Sheila Kaplan, Contributor
- Marcia Kramer, Copyeditor
- Fritz Kramer, Associate Producer
- Tara McKelvey, Contributor
- Robert O'Harrow, Reporter
- Gunhild Ring Olsen, Visiting Scholar
- Catherine Rentz, Filmmaker-in-Residence
- Steven Rich, Washington Post database editor
- Michael Sallah, Washington Post reporter
- Emma Schwartz, Associate Producer
- Hari Sreenivasan, PBS Newshour correspondent
- Eddie Sutton, Web Developer
- Rick Young, Filmmaker-in-Residence
Interns and graduate assistants research projects ranging from immigration to telecommunications.
- Christina Animashaun, Graduate Researcher
- Mariam Baksh, Graduate Researcher
- Kenneth Haug, Undergraduate researcher
- Meldon Jones, Graduate Researcher
- Ly Le, Office Coordinator
- Sydney Ling, Graphic Design Intern
- Ke (Amber) Liu, Graduate Researcher
- Pietro Lombardi, Graduate Fellow
Faculty of the School of Communication at American University bring their expertise to the Workshop.